The XIT Museum provides a digital site consisting of various newspapers, yearbooks, phone books, and ranch papers.
THE DIGITAL ARCHIVES OF THE
The museum houses microfilm for several area newspapers, including:
* The Dalhart Texan, 1902 to date
* Hartley County News, misc. dates during the 1930s
* The Texline Enterprise, 1907,1911, 1917-1918
* The Dalhart Bomber (airbase papers) 1943-1946
Several census for Dallam and Hartley Counties, including:
* Dallam County 1900. 1910. 1920
* Hartley County 1880, 1900, 1919, 1920
Newspapers included are:
* The Dalhart Texan misc. dates to 1910, 1924 to date
* The Hartley County News 1924-1926, misc. dates in the 1930s
* The Dalhart Bomber 1943-1946
* The Texline Enteprise 1907, 1922, 1917-1918
Items in the museum archives include:
* Papers from the Coon Hospital Trust
*XIT Rodeo and Reunion papers and scrapbooks
* Misc. ranch and local business papers
* A large collection of early postcards of historical Dalhart buildings
The museum has acquired negative collections from two local studios dating to the 1920s with over 150,000 negatives. Museum staff and volunteers are presently cataloging these and expect to be doing so for quite some time to come.
The museum has a photographic collection well, with many images ranch life, and local homes, businesses, and activities.